To Set Up Your Email Account in Windows (Vista) Mail
- In Microsoft Mail, from the Tools menu,
- In the Internet Accounts window, click
Add to add a new mail account.
- On the Your Name page, in the Display
Name field, enter your full name and then click
- On the Internet Email Address page, in the
Email address field, enter your email address and
then click Next.
- On the Set up Email Servers page, enter your
information as follows and then click Next.
- Incoming email server type
- Select POP3 from the drop down list.
- Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server
- Type mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing email server (SMTP) name
- Type mail.yourdomain.com and select Outgoing
server requires authentication.
- On the Internet Mail Logon page, in the
Email Username and Password
fields, enter your email address and password for your email
account, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Return to Microsoft Mail, and from the Tools
menu, select Accounts.
- In the Internet Accounts window, under your
list of Mail accounts, select the account you just set up and then
- In the Properties window, go to the
- Under Server Port Numbers, in the
Outgoing mail (SMTP) field, type 80 and
then click OK.
If you have trouble sending mail,
try setting your Outgoing mail (SMTP) server port to 25 or 3535.